Pages

2/13/08

Coming soon...



I've made the jump to Mac Pro. A dual 2.8 GHz quad-core Penryn processor with a nVidia 8800GT graphics card, to be more precise... and I'm all a-tingle. Once I've got it fired up and clicked around a bit, I'll let you know how it goes.

This machine will take over the main lifting from my long-suffering, hard-working and fondly thought of 2002 vintage dual 1.0 GHz G4 Quicksilver Power Mac, which will semi-retire to the more sedate duties of iPhoto, a little gaming, acting as a remote renderer for After Effects and the main web-surfer.

What's in store for the newest Mac? Adobe CS3 After Effects, Photoshop, and Toon Boom, mainly. I'm really anticipating giving these applications a strenuous workout. So! On to Geek Happy Place. I shall report back soon.

Good luck,

K

No comments: